Like just about everyone, I’m a big fan of Sriracha sauce. And I’m a big fan of tortilla chips. I used to be borderline addicted to habanero-flavored Doritos, but sadly, they were removed from the market. They were darned hot. Seriously hot. Now, Sriracha isn’t as hot as habaneros, but it still has some kick. It’s a nice kick, not the kind that leaves you curled up on the floor in agony. Not even close. I was jonesin’ for some kickin’ hot tortilla chips and a dip. So I developed Sriracharitos with dip.
Sriracharitos have that great Sriracha flavor, all on a crunchy tortilla chip. The dip has a generous amount of dill, so it actually seems cool. It’s a great contrast to the heat. You can serve it with any kind of chip.
I found J&Ds Sriracha rub in the spice section of my grocery store. You can also substitute Weber’s Sriracha rub. Either way, you’ll love a big plate of Sriracharitos with a big bowl of dip!
Sriracharitos with Dip
For the Sriracharitos (Sriracha tortilla chips)
- Quality tortilla chips
- Olive oil in a spritzer or non-stick cooking spray
- Sriracha seasoning I used J&D's brand Sriracha Rub & All Purpose Seasoning
For the Sriracha dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon or more, to taste Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Sriracharitos
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place chips onto a large baking sheet.
- Spray the chips with a bit of oil or non-stick spray. Sprinkle with the Sriracha seasoning.
- Turn the chips over and spray and season the other side.
- Place the chips into the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool just slightly before serving with the dip.
For the sriracha dip
- Whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.