Yowsa! Talk about a great bite! These Greek hot dogs definitely have it going on. Great beef flavor (don’t use a cheap dog. Ever.). Crunchy red onion, tamed down with some Feta and black olives. All backed up with a great Greek vinaigrette that ties it all together. It’s almost like a Greek salad on a dog.
(If you think red onion is too strong, soak a few slices in cold water for 5-10 minutes before chopping them for these dogs. They’ll be a little more mellow but still have great flavor and crunch.)
Try substituting other types of dogs or sausages, such as kielbasa or polish sausage.
Also try my seriously-yummy grilled Boston dogs.
Greek Hot Dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 2 all-beef hot dogs
- 2 or more tablespoons cup red onion, chopped
- 2 or more tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 2 or more tablespoons Feta cheese, crumbled
- Greek Vinaigrette I used Kraft's Greek Vinaigrette
- Toast buns as desired.
- Grill or cook dogs as desired.
- Place dogs in buns, then top with onion, olives, and cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.