I usually marinade my steaks, but when I came across this Old Bay steak rub recipe, I had to give it a try. I love Old Bay seasoning. The combination of spices is great on crab cakes. Fantastic in crab boils. And divine on steaks. Just sprinkle any cut of steak with the rub a few minutes before grilling.
This Old Bay steak rub does contain a bit of brown sugar. Sugars will burn if placed over direct heat for any length of time. I prefer to reverse sear my thicker steaks, which prevents that from happening.
Old Bay Steak Rub
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients. This makes enough for a single large steak.
Nutritional values are approximate.