Nothing beats the tenderness of grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs. This simple recipe for grilled sweet-n-spicy chicken thighs brings a little spiciness and a little sweetness. Although you could use the rub and glaze on white meat chicken or even pork, it works best with the richness of a chicken thigh.
I prefer boneless skinless chicken when I make something like these grilled sweet-n-spicy chicken thighs. You could substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts instead. I would recommend butterflying them first. That way you get nice even cooking. Those big breasts are easy to overcook on the outside if you don’t butterfly them first.
Grilled Sweet-n-Spicy Chicken Thighs
For the chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any large pieces of fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the rub
- Prepare your grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl and drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat.
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the chicken, tossing as you go.
- Grill chicken over direct heat 2-3 minutes per side just long enough to get grill marks and a little color. Remove to indirect heat and cool until internal temperature reaches 155 F.
- Microwave the honey in a bowl or cup for 20 seconds. Stir in the vinegar.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze. Brush remaining glaze (you may not need all of it), over the chicken as it cooks to completion, 165 F internally.
- Serve chicken drizzled with reserved glaze.
Nutritional values are approximate.