Oh me. This beer cheese sauce has lots and lots of uses, from a dip for pretzels or chips to topping hot dogs or burgers, or even over pasta. We served it warm with warmed pretzel balls and a few Tostistos Scoops. Everything disappeared in minutes! This sauce is so good you’ll be tempted to grab a straw down the whole lot in no time!
Also try my other version of cheese sauce. It has a nice horseradish kick.
Beer Cheese Sauce
- 1 bottle beer
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese diced and softened
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon or more red pepper flakes)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add the beer to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the cheese and flour in a bowl and add to the beer along with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until the cheese is melted completely and is of the desired thickness.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional values are approximate.