This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This spinach and artichoke dip rocks. It is thick, creamy, cheesy, and it has a little kick – all of my favorite things in one bite. I made a huge batch of this dip for a family get-together and it was well-liked by all. Ok, the kids didn’t even try it (it has green stuff in it), so I should say it was well-liked by all of the adults!
I kept the spinach and artichoke dip warm in a fondue pot and served it with bagel chips. This dip also makes for a fantastic grilled cheese sandwich. I’ll post more on that tomorrow.
This recipe was based on a recipe from Olive Garden.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 8 1/2 ounce artichoke hearts in water, not oil, liquid reserved, chopped
- ½ cup spinach frozen, thawed, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed, softened
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flake or more, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder or more, to taste
- dash ground black pepper
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium skillet. Add artichoke hearts and spinach and boil for 10 minutes or until the artichokes are tender. (You can also steam in the spinach and artichokes in a steamer). Drain well.
- Place cheese into a large bowl. Add the spinach and artichokes and remaining ingredients.
- Stir well. Add some of the reserved artichoke heart liquid if the mixture is too thick.
Nutritional values are approximate.