After hearing that one of the sandwiches that the Serendipity food truck (sadly, no longer around) serves is based on a spinach and artichoke dip, I took it as a challenge to take my spinach and artichoke dip and make it into a grilled cheese sandwich. And oh, what a happy day it was. This grilled spinach and artichoke cheese sandwich combines a great cheesy dip with grilled sourdough bread. The result is gooey and savory, a perfect change from the ole traditional grilled cheese sandwich.
You’ll want to use a thick, hearty bread for these sandwiches. Thin wimpy white bread isn’t going to cut it. I bought a loaf of sourdough and cut it thick.
The Griddler is a champ at making grilled cheese sandwiches, like my muffuletta grilled cheese, grilled caramel apply cheese, and pepperoni pizza grilled cheese.
Also try my spinach artichoke stuffed hamburgers!
Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough bread cut thick
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 batch spinach and artichoke dip
- Spray a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, brush one side of the bread pieces with butter.
- Place bread, butter side down, into skillet.
- Spoon as much dip as you want onto one of the bread slices.
- Cover skillet and cook until bread is browned and dip starts to melt.
- Assemble sandwich and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.