After hearing that one of the sandwiches that the Serendipity food truck (sadly, no longer around) serves is based on a spinach and artichoke dip, I took it as a challenge to take my spinach and artichoke dip and make it into a grilled cheese sandwich. And oh, what a happy day it was. This grilled spinach and artichoke cheese sandwich combines a great cheesy dip with grilled sourdough bread. The result is gooey and savory, a perfect change from the ole traditional grilled cheese sandwich.
You’ll want to use a thick, hearty bread for these sandwiches. Thin wimpy white bread isn’t going to cut it. I bought a loaf of sourdough and cut it thick.
Also try my spinach artichoke stuffed hamburgers!
Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough bread cut thick
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 batch spinach and artichoke dip
- Spray a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, brush one side of the bread pieces with butter.
- Place bread, butter side down, into skillet.
- Spoon as much dip as you want onto one of the bread slices.
- Cover skillet and cook until bread is browned and dip starts to melt.
- Assemble sandwich and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.