This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This broccoli cauliflower salad could be the easiest salad I’ve ever made. And it’s so good that I’ve made it 3 times in the last 2 weeks. It has a nice fresh crunch. And a little creaminess. And just enough smoky bacon flavor to make you really happy.
I bake my bacon at 400 F on a foil-lined baking sheet for 20 or so minutes, depending on the thickness and how crunchy I want it to be, turning once. Easy clean up. You can drain off the grease for later use or let it cool and just wrap the foil up and toss it. No mess, no fuss. And the bacon is cooked perfectly, ready to go into a batch of broccoli cauliflower salad!
I’ve also made this salad a few times for road trips. It really holds up well to travelling.
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
For the salad
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cups celery chopped
- 1 cup peas frozen, thawed
- 1 ½ cups bacon cooked, chopped
For the salad
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
For the dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Blend into the vegetables. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.