This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
If you want to see something disappear off the plate in mere seconds, make these chicken chorizo patty melt sliders. They are tender, juicy, spicy. And even though you could also make these into full-sized burger versions, they’re great as sliders. Make a slider party platter, half chicken sliders and half beef! The Mexican chorizo does add just a bit of a kick, a bit of spiciness. But I think you’ll be ok serving them to even the most spice-sensitive guests. If you’re worried about the the heat, substitute ground Italian sausage instead.
You could make the patties ahead of time and assemble these chicken chorizo patty melt sliders just in time to serve for a party. I topped these little yummy bites with our slow-cooker caramelized onions. I can make a big batch of caramelized onions in no time with almost no effort. Just keep them warm until time to assemble the sliders. You can serve them cold, and they’re still good, but they’re definitely better warmer.
I use this nifty little ole burger press to make these burgers. It’s the best thing ever for stuffing burgers with just about anything you can think of!
This recipe is based on a recipe from Sunny Anderson.
Chicken Chorizo Patty Melt Sliders
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chorizo, garlic, oregano and salt. Form into 2-3 ounce patties.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the patties about 3 minutes per side until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Form sandwiches by placing cheese on bun bottoms, followed by the patties and onions.
- Serve with a little ketchup on the side for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.