Do this next time you cook up some hot dogs. Take a few hot dogs and roll them in Cajun seasoning before cooking them on the grill. Get them covered all around, end to end. That’s it. The result? Totally great tasty twists on a regular ole hot dog, Cajun hot dogs. They have a nice little flavor that makes your hot dogs different. You don’t want boring hot dogs. What’s the point of going through the trouble of cooking if all you’re going to end up with is boring?
These Cajun hot dogs combine great kick with cool pico de gallo. Each bite is fantastic. And the chile mayonnaise? Use it on hamburgers too or to spice up ho-hum sandwiches.
Slicing your hot dogs before cooking helps ensure that the toppings don’t slide off. And that’s a good thing!
There’s no reason to have boring tasteless dogs. You have to give marinating your hot dogs a try too.
Also try my just-as-great deli dogs.
Cajun Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- Cajun seasoning
- 4 hot dog buns
- chile powder mild, or use hot and really get spicy
- 1 cup Pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- Sprinkle a bit of Cajun seasoning out on plate. Roll the dogs around in the spices to coat lightly then place on a hot grill and cook until done as desired.
- Warm the hot dog buns.
- To make the chile mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise (a tablespoon per hot dog will do) with chile powder as desired. Slather onto hot dog buns.
- Add cooked hot dogs and top with cheese and pico. Serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.