Do this next time you cook up some hot dogs. Take a few hot dogs and roll them in Cajun seasoning before cooking them on the grill. That’s it. The result? Totally great tasty twists on a regular ole hot dog, Cajun hot dogs. They have a nice little cook that makes your hot dogs different. You don’t want boring hot dogs.
These dogs combine great kick with cool pico de gallo. Each bite is fantastic. And the chile mayonnaise? Use it on hamburgers too or to spice up ho-hum sandwiches.
There’s no reason to have boring tasteless dogs. You have to give marinating your hot dogs a try too.
Also try my just-as-great deli dogs.
Cajun Hot Dogs
Do this next time you cook up some hot dogs. Take a few hot dogs and roll them in Cajun seasoning before cooking them on the grill. That’s it. The result? Totally great.
- 4 hot dogs
- Cajun seasoning
- 4 hot dog buns
- chile powder mild, or use hot and really get spicy
- 1 cup Pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- Sprinkle a bit of Cajun seasoning out on plate. Roll the dogs around in the spices to coat lightly then place on a hot grill and cook until done as desired.
- Warm the hot dog buns.
- To make the chile mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise (a tablespoon per hot dog will do) with chile powder as desired. Slather onto hot dog buns.
- Add cooked hot dogs and top with cheese and pico. Serve.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 612mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 276IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.