I really like grilled hot dogs topped with a creamy salad. Just about any kind of salad will do, too. This time I went with a simple iceberg mixture, with a good helping of blue cheese crumbles and dressing. And mushrooms. The coolness of the salad on these blue moon hot dogs contrasts well with the just-off-the-grill wieners.
Some folk aren’t so keen on blue cheese, and that’s ok. Just substitute Gorgonzola (or diced Monterey jack for an even mellower flavor) for the cheese, and ranch salad dressing for the blue cheese dressing when you make these blue moon hot dogs.
Also try my Brutus hot dogs.
Blue Moon Hot Dogs
The coolness of the salad on these blue moon hot dogs contrasts well with the just-off-the-grill wieners.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 hot dog buns
- 2 hot dogs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3-4 mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese or more, crumbled
- 1/4 cup iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1/2 Roma tomato seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
- Toast buns as desired.
- Grill or cook dogs as desired.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with the oil. Saute or grill the mushrooms until just tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mushrooms, cheese, lettuce, tomato and salad dressing.
- Place dogs into the buns and top with the mushroom mixture. Serve.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 229IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutritional values are approximate.