It’s happened to all of us. You buy a big ole bag of BBQ potato chips at the store. You open the bag and dive in and find… sadness. Half the chips aren’t seasoned. And the other half barely taste like BBQ. My quick fix barbecue potato chips solve this problem and will rid you of chip sadness in just 5 minutes. And it really can’t get any easier. Chips. Seasoning (which I picked up from Croix Valley Foods!) . Done. BBQ flavor on every chip. Not in hiding, either. Out front, up front and delicious!
Any time I make quick fix barbecue potato chips I have only one rule about the seasoning step: don’t be shy. Heck, we’re here for BBQ-flavor. Do it. And then add some more. Just be real gently tossing the chips because you don’t want to break them.
Not that I mean to over-stress it, but I will mention you don’t need any fancy fru-fru chips for this recipe. In fact, I’d stay away from them. You want ruffled chips, preferably. Also, and frankly, you want chips that are a bit oily. Yep. Once heated, the chips will release that oil and that’s what you need to get the seasonings stuck on there good!
Also try my quick fix Parmesan garlic potato chips.
Quick Fix Barbecue Potato Chips
- 4 cups potato chips A few good handfuls worth. I recommend ruffled chips, and no need to get the expensive stuff, store brand is fine
- ½ tablespoon Croix Valley Barbecue wing seasoning more or less, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 F.
- Spread chips out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. You should see that the oils in the chips have come to the surface.
- Gently transfer chips to a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning. Use a spatula to carefully stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.