I’ve never been to Firehouse Subs. So, I can’t really say for sure that this is a 100% copycat of Firehouse Subs Battalion Chief sub (then again, I don’t see it on the menu any more). But I can say I thought this was a fantastic sandwich and if the rest of the menu at Firehouse Sub’s is anything like this, I need to get on over there and make up for lost time.
Cheese, horseradish, roast beef and lettuce all on a nice toasted roll. Oh, and the surprise? Crunchy fried onions. Oh yeah.
I’m not as big a fan of horseradish as Anita is, even though it does go very, very well with roast beef. But, since finding The Mustard Man’s Simply Horsey mustard, I’ve become a bigger and bigger fan. Simply Horsey combines just the right amount of horseradish with creamy mustard and bit of mayonnaise. It has the perfect consistency for topping this copycat Firehouse Subs Battalion Chief sub.
Also checkout my copycat of one of my all-time favorite restaurant sandwiches, Firehouse Sub’s Hook and Ladder, Subway’s Italian BMT, and my copycat of Quizno’s Italian Sub and of course, my copycat Jersey Mike’s sub too!
Copycat Firehouse Subs Battalion Chief Sub
- 2 French rolls or baguettes
- 1/4 cup Spicy horseradish mayonnaise if you can't find any, just mix a little prepared horseradish with mayonnaise and a dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup French fried onions
- 1/2 pound deli roast beef sliced thin
- 4 sharp cheddar cheese sliced
- green leaf lettuce leaves
- Warm the bread as desired.
- Spread each bread halve with the horseradish mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the bottom piece of bread with the fried onions (the mayonnaise will help the onions stick to the bread)
- Add the remaining ingredients and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.