Anita and I love pizza, but we are also watching our carbohydrates. These grilled bell pepper pizzas solve that problem and then some! All of our favorite pizza toppings served on a wonderful bell pepper ‘crust’. I grilled the pizzas until the peppers were just starting to soften so they still had a bit of crunch to them. They were fantastic!
Grilled bell pepper pizzas will definitely become a staple in our house. They aren’t exactly zero carbs (the peppers and sauce have a few grams of carbs), but they are mighty low in carbs and that’s good enough for us!
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making these ‘pizzas’. It makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
You don’t have to grill these ‘pizzas’, either. Just pop them in a 425 F oven instead.
Grilled Bell Pepper Pizza
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Cut the peppers so that they form little bowls. I found that cutting them in half made for deeper bowls than I wanted (too much bell pepper!) so I trimmed them down so that there was a 1/4″ – 1/2″ deep bowl.
- Remove any seeds.
- Brush the outsides of the peppers with the oil.
- Add your favorite toppings up to the top of the pepper ‘bowls’.
- Add cheese and place onto the grill.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes or until the peppers have started to soften and the cheese is melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.