Anita and I love pizza, but we are also watching our carbohydrates. These grilled bell pepper pizzas solve that problem and then some! All of our favorite pizza toppings served on a wonderful bell pepper ‘crust’. I grilled the pizzas until the peppers were just starting to soften so they still had a bit of crunch to them. They were fantastic!
Grilled bell pepper pizzas will definitely become a staple in our house. They aren’t exactly zero carbs (the peppers and sauce have a few grams of carbs), but they are mighty low in carbs and that’s good enough for us!
You don’t have to grill these ‘pizzas’, either. Just pop them in a 425 F oven instead.
Also try my sausage-stuffed grilled sweet peppers.
Grilled Bell Pepper Pizza
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Cut the peppers so that they form little bowls. I found that cutting them in half made for deeper bowls than I wanted (too much bell pepper!) so I trimmed them down so that there was a 1/4″ – 1/2″ deep bowl.
- Remove any seeds.
- Brush the outsides of the peppers with the oil.
- Add your favorite toppings up to the top of the pepper ‘bowls’.
- Add cheese and place onto the grill.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes or until the peppers have started to soften and the cheese is melted.
Nutritional values are approximate.