I admit it. I have a strange fascination with melting Peeps. My wife can’t even come into the kitchen when I’m melting them. She just can’t stand seeing them ‘die’. So she was nowhere to be found when I made ice cream with Peeps syrup.
The other day I made Shamrock Peep Rice Krispies treats that came out rather good. Then I came across this idea to melt Peeps to make syrup for ice cream at the We Are Not Martha blog. Another opportunity to melt Peeps? Sign me up! Heck tried it over Rice Krispies treats too!
Ice Cream with Peep Syrup
- 4 scoops of your favorite ice cream
- 1 package of 10 Peeps
- Place Peeps in a medium non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Melt Peeps, stirring occasionally.
- Pour syrup over ice cream and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.