I love the spicy vinegary flavor of Buffalo wings, along with a great blue cheese dressing for dipping them in. Now I can get those same great flavors in an easy-to-make side dish. The only way possible to make this Buffalo bacon roasted cauliflower any better is to double the recipe. Because more is definitely better.
If you’re not in to the funkiness that blue cheese has, try substituting cubed Monterey jack cheese instead. We still like the funky, but not super duper funky, so we often substitute gorgonzola cheese instead. No matter what you use Buffalo bacon roasted cauliflower is a treat.
Also try my cauliflower steaks and Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Cajun cauliflower.
Buffalo Bacon Roasted Cauliflower
I love the spicy vinegary flavor of Buffalo wings, along with a great blue cheese dressing for dipping them in. Now I can get those same great flavors in an easy-to-make side dish.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 slices bacon
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce I used Frank’s RedHot wing sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place the bacon strips at one end of a large sheet pan.
- Place the cauliflower florets at the other end.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Toss the cauliflower in any bacon grease that is on the pan. Return to the oven, season with salt and pepper, and roast another 5 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred.
- Remove cauliflower to a platter.
- Drizzle with the wing sauce.
- Crumble the bacon over the top of the cauliflower.
- Add the blue cheese and green onions and serve.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 731mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Vitamin C: 70mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.