Sometimes I just want a quick turkey meal. I might use leftover turkey, or I might just toss a turkey breast into the oven. Jennie-O makes a frozen oven-ready turkey breast that you just bake for about 90 minutes. No thawing, brining, basting. Nothing. You don’t even have to take it out of the bag (well, until it’s cooked that is). Add some leftover mashed potatoes and gravy and I’m good-to-go.
If you decide to make an oven-ready Jennie-O turkey breast you’ll have plenty of leftovers to make more than these quick fix turkey Manhattan sandwiches. I have an awesome copycat of Stove Top chicken stuffing that is the perfect side dish for turkey. But, to be truly ‘quick fix’, you’ll have to use the stuff out of the box!
Also try my quick fix turkey Reuben.
Quick Fix Turkey Manhattan
- 1 Jennie-O Oven Ready Boneless Turkey breast or leftover turkey, sliced, warmed
- 8 slices Texas Toast lightly toasted if desired
- Leftover mashed potatoes warmed
- Turkey gravy warmed
- Cook the turkey breast per package instructions. Slice.
- Top bread slices with turkey, mashed potatoes, and loads of gravy.
Nutritional values are approximate.