Your standard pigs-in-a-blanket are mighty good, but I felt that they needed a little ‘help’. So along came this great southwestern pigs in a blanket variation that gets devoured even faster! Get your big platter out, you’re going to need it!
I served these southwestern pigs in a blanket with an easy-to-make Southwestern sauce, but you could use plain (or kicked up with some hot sauce) Ranch. A good, thick spicy BBQ sauce would also make for a great dipping sauce. Heck, set out a few different sauces and get ready to watch these yummy bites disappear in no time!
Also try my BBQ pigs in a blanket.
Southwestern Pigs in a Blanket
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Unroll the dough from the tubes and separate into 16 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise in half.
- Add a small piece of cheese and top with some of the peppers.
- Place the sausage at the end of each little triangle and roll up in the dough.
- Place onto a baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Southwestern sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.