I kinda made these grilled taco dogs up on the fly. I was hankerin’ for some crunchy tacos. And I was hankerin’ for some grilled dogs. So, I married the two and well, the rest is history. Of course you can put whatever you want on these, but I opted to go with what we usually put on our tacos.
A little spicy Taco Bell ranch dressing gave these tacos a bit more kick.
There are two ways you could do the dogs. If you’re making taco meat (my slow cooker taco meat is awesome!) for with these tacos, just grill the dogs like you normally would. But, if you want to leave out the taco meat, sprinkle your dogs with taco seasoning first before grilling to give them a bit of taco flavor.
Slicing your hot dogs before cooking helps ensure that the toppings don’t slide off. And that’s a good thing!
Also try my hot dogs with avocado.
Grilled Taco Dogs
- 1 pound taco meat prepared (I mix 1 pound ground beef with 3 tablespoons of our homemade taco seasoning), optional
- 8 taco shells we used crunchy, but you could make these on tortillas as well
- 8 hot dogs plus taco seasoning, to taste if not using taco meat
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed, drained, warmed
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onion sliced
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- Taco Bell Spicy Ranch salad dressing for topping, optional
- Cook the taco meat if you are using it.
- Warm the shells per the package instructions.
- If you are not using taco meat, sprinkle the dogs with taco seasoning. Grill the dogs as desired.
- Assemble the tacos by adding the meats (taco and dogs) followed by the toppings.
- Drizzle with salad dressing if desired and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.