This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I usually have a little pulled pork leftover after I smoked a pork butt on my Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker. It usually ends up on baked potatoes. Or in stromboli. Or in nachos, like these pulled pork tater tot nachos. Like any nachos, you can go pretty much nuts and put whatever you want on these. I really like the combination of red onion, green chiles, peppadews, black olives, and pinto beans. You get a mix of crunch, heat and salt. The smoked provolone sauce and spicy BBQ sauce really bring it all together.
I actually prefer tater tots (or crispy crowns) in my pulled pork tater tot nachos nachos over tortillas if I’m serving them as a main dish. Tortilla chips work better in an appetizer since they turn the nachos into easy-to-eat finger foods.
If I’m reaching for a bottled BBQ sauce, I often go for Sweet Baby Ray’s.
Pulled Pork Tater Tot Nachos
- ½ bag tater tots cooked per package instructions (don’t be afraid to let them cook a little longer to get them extra crispy)
- 1 cup pulled pork
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- 6 Peppadew peppers chopped
- 1 4 ounce green chiles chopped
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed, drained, warmed
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- Smoked provolone cheese sauce
- Spread tater tots out on a platter.
- Top tots with pork.
- In a small bowl, mix together the onion, olives, peppers, and chiles. Sprinkle mixture over tots.
- Top with beans and add BBQ and provolone sauces.
- Devour immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.