If you want to see something disappear off the plate in mere seconds, make these chicken chorizo patty melt sliders. They are tender, juicy, spicy. And even though you could also make these into full-sized burger versions, they’re great as sliders. Make a slider party platter, half chicken sliders and half beef!
You could make the patties ahead of time and assemble these chicken chorizo patty melt sliders just in time to serve for a party. I topped these little yummy bites with our slow-cooker caramelized onions. I can make a big batch of caramelized onions in no time with almost no effort.
Chicken Chorizo Patty Melt Sliders
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chorizo, garlic, oregano and salt. Form into 2-3 ounce patties.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the patties about 3 minutes per side until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Form sandwiches by placing cheese on bun bottoms, followed by the patties and onions.
- Serve with a little ketchup on the side for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.