This is a slight variation on my used-to-be-favorite wing dipping sauce. Now I love them both. The other version has a little kick thanks to Cholula hot sauce. This recipe for blue cheese dip is creamier and more blue cheesy, with a little green onion bite. It also works great on more than just chicken wings.
Unlike some recipes for blue cheese dip, this one does not include lemon juice. Lemon juice can break down the sour cream so you have to use the dip that day. This version will last for a while in the fridge, so no need to rush!
I made a big ole batch of this crazy good dip and served it with some homemade Buffalo Wild Wings teriyaki chicken wings and a basket of deep fried jalapeno bottle caps.
There were no leftovers.
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayo, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gently fold in the blue cheese and green onions.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.