I love putting coleslaw on my pulled pork sandwiches, so why not take that same idea and completely amp-up a hot dog? A grilled all-beef dog. Tender moist smoked pulled pork. Tangy Carolina coleslaw. These Carolina dogs were a big hit in our house.
The idea for these Carolina dogs came from watching the show Eat Street, where the host does what I want to do every day: eat from food trucks. In this case, it was the Evil Weiner truck in Austin, Texas, that caught my eye. What a fantastic hot dog menu!
Don’t use a creamy slaw on these dogs. You want that vinegar hit from a good ole Carolina slaw. It’s easy to make or just pick up some pre-made slaw at the grocery store. Same goes for the pulled pork. I found some pulled pork in the freezer leftover from a recent smoke session, but if you don’t have any on hand, grab some from your local BBQ joint. They’d love to sell you a pound or two.
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 cup Pulled pork BBQ
- Your favorite Carolina-style BBQ sauce I prefer Lillie’s Q
- Carolina slaw
- Cook the dogs as desired.
- Toast the buns, if desired.
- Warm the pulled pork in a saucepan. Add just enough of the BBQ sauce to get the meat moist, but don’t over-sauce it.
- Serve hot dogs on buns topped with warmed BBQ pork and plenty of cold slaw.
Nutritional values are approximate.