Wow. I grew up eating a lot of canned cream corn. This isn’t that cream corn. This is something completely special and beyond delicious. From the first bite Anita and I just looked at each other. It was the ‘oh my goodness this is fantastic’ look. Grilled cream corn with a creamy Gorgonzola cheese sauce that is incredible. I can’t say enough just how much we enjoyed this dish.
If you can’t get fresh corn-on-the-cob you can substitute canned corn. Just drain it well first and spread it out on a baking dish and place under the broiler until it starts to char just a bit. Or you can actually skip the roasting and just use the corn right out of the can (after draining).
I love grilled corn. Try my corn-on-the-cob slathered with Sriracha mayonnaise and my corn with southwestern butter.
Grilled Cream Corn with Gorzgonzola Cheese
- 8 ears corn shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- parsley chopped, for garnish
- Fire up your grill for cooking over direct heat.
- Lightly brush the corn with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place over direct heat and grill until just tender and lightly charred, rotating often.
- Remove corn and let cool slightly before cutting off the kernels using a sharp knife.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the corn. Add more salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Stir and cook until the corn is completely tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch and cook another minute.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Pour half of the corn mixture into a blender. Let cool slightly then puree until smooth. Return to the skillet with the rest of the corn.
- Add the milk and cheese and stir.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped parsley.
Nutritional values are approximate.