I don’t know where it went, but summer up and left and it got cool, fast. I instantly went into hunker-down, comfort food mode. One of my all-time favorite cooler weather foods is a Sloppy Joe. Messy, beefy, tasty sandwiches. You can’t beat that. This kid’s slow cooker version is the easiest recipe ever. The beef soaks up all that great seasoning after a few hours in the crockpot, making it better than the old skillet version in my opinion.
I don’t put anything on my slow cooker kid’s Sloppy Joes. No cheese. No extra onions. No jalapenos. Nothing. I keep it simple, like I remember as a kid. This isn’t the time for fru-fru, this is the time for good ole eats.
Slow Cooker Kid’s Sloppy Joe
- Brown the meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it apart as it cooks. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the bell pepper, ketchup, Sloppy Joe seasoning mix and mustard to a large slow cooker that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick spray.
- Add the cooked beef and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over buns (toasted if desired).
Nutritional values are approximate.