I love my spiral slicer. So far, I’ve used it for making great side dishes or salads and a few main dishes. I was intrigued when I first came across this idea for a low-carb dessert that is made using a spiral slicer. What a brilliant idea – apple zoodle dessert! Great apple flavor and crunch, a hint of cinnamon, and topped with toasted coconut flakes.I used a Gala apple for making this dessert, but you can substitute whatever you like. Of course, it being a dessert you’ll probably want to use a sweeter apple, such as golden delicious, pink lady, red delicious or Fuji.
This apple zoodle dessert pairs perfectly with my Parmesan chicken zoodles.
Apple Zoodle Dessert
- 1 Gala apple or your favorite sweet apple
- Light oil
- Cinnamon to taste
- Unsweetened coconut flakes to taste
- Core the apple then slice it into thin noodles using your spiral slicer.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion slices and saute until they start to get tender.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir.
- Remove apple to serving plate.
- Add the coconut flakes to the skillet and cook until starting to brown, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle apple with the toasted coconut flakes and serve.