Why grab a can of pre-made BBQ beans at the store when you can make your own in no time at all. Sure, I’ve made scratch baked beans before (on the smoker and they were fantastic!). These aren’t those beans. Quick to fix, these BBQ beans still pack in the flavor.
You can make these beans taste however you like just by changing which BBQ sauce you add. From smoky to spicy, you can’t go wrong. And speaking of spicy, for a little extra kick add a few sliced jalapenos. And for extra crunch, chop half of a medium sweet onion and toss that in too. You really cannot make a boo-boo when you make these beans.
Quick Fix BBQ Beans
- 1/2 large bell pepper red or green, chopped
- 2 15 ounce pinto beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into an 8" x 8" baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving as the sauce will be very hot.
Nutritional values are approximate.